VENDORS STANDARDS & AGREEMENT
PERSONAL STANDARDS OBSERVANCE AGREEMENT
The Polynesian Cultural Center (the “PCC”) was founded and is controlled by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints (“the Church”). The Church operates the PCC for the purpose of preserving the cultural heritage of the Pacific, educating the public regarding Polynesian Culture and the Church and providing employment for students to finance their education at Brigham Young University-Hawaii (BYUH). BYUH is an institution of higher education that requires its students, vendors, subcontractors, renters, and employees to observe high standards of personal conduct. BYUH is also owned and controlled by the Church in order to provide education in an atmosphere of religious faith. Accordingly the public correctly identifies the PCC with the Church and BYUH. It is therefore vital that the conduct of PCC employees, subcontractors, vendors and renters be in accordance with the Church’s ideals and principles and that all PCC employees, subcontractors, vendors and renters serve as role models for the students who are enrolled at BYUH and/or work at PCC.
By entering the PCC as a subcontractor, vendor or renter, a person agrees to live in accordance with the following principles (“Standards of Personal Conduct”) while on premises.
1. Abide by the standards of Christian living taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. This includes being gracious, courteous and considerate of other, observing high principles of honor, integrity, and morality, and seeking to demonstrate in daily living those moral virtues encompassed by the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2. Be honest in all behavior. This includes not stealing, cheating, knowingly giving false information, or being deceitful in any way.
3. Respect personal rights. This includes not physically or verbally abusing any person and not engaging in conduct that threatens the health or safety of others. PCC employees, vendors, subcontractors and renters should treat all individuals on the job with respect, and should not harass or engage in illegal discrimination against any person.
4. Respect the property rights of others. Personal property found on the Center’s premises will be returned to the owners if known or the lost and found located at the front entrance Customer Service kiosk.
5. Avoid drug abuse. This includes completely refraining from the possession, use, or distribution of any illegal narcotic or drug as defined by applicable law. This does not preclude a person from taking medicine as prescribed by a licensed practitioner of medicine.
6. Abstain from the use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, tea, kava, and coffee.
7. Be chaste. The Church recognizes marriage only between a single man and a single woman. Chastity means the abstinence from all sexual relations with anyone but one’s spouse, within the legally recognized marriage relationship.
8. Observe high standards of decency. This includes refraining from disorderly, lewd, indecent or other obscene conduct.
9. Observe the PCC standards of dress and grooming.